It is a very necessary thing to know how to disable usb ports in Windows 7 system, if you have a computer that work with that operating system and is used by several users, to stop unauthorized users from transferring data from your computer or stealing it, that happens with Computers of college halls or work, etc, if you think how to disable usb ports in Windows 7 system is a complex process, you absolutely wrong, we will explain it in detail with several ways, continue with us at the article for the end.
How to Disable usb Ports in Windows 7 by Regedit?
If you don’t know how to disable usb ports in Windows 7 operation system, follow these steps:
- Move to Start Menu on your computer device.
- Write “Regedit” in the Search box to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the key “KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR”
- Right-click on “Start” from the right-hand panel.
- That will appear “sub-menu”, select Modify.
- That will open a small pop-up window, change its value to 4 to disable usb port.
- Press “OK”.
How to Disable USB Ports from Device Manager?
You can know how to disable usb ports in Windows 7 operating system by Device Manager, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Go to the menu “Start” on your computer device.
- Write “devmgmt.msc” in the Search box to open “Device Manager”.
- Press on the button “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”, and it will show you a list of USB ports.
- Now click the right mouse button on the USB port, then select disable or enable the port.
How to disable usb Ports by Using Group Policy Editor?
Below is another way, to know how to disable usb ports in Windows 7 :
- Press the desktop and press the keys “Windows” + “R” together.
- That will open a “Local Group Policy Editor” for your system.
- Move to the Computer Configuration, then Administrative Templates, then System, then Removable Storage Access.
- Press “locate All Removable Storage classes: Deny all access” from the right-side, to open the settings tab.
- Select “Disabled option”.
- Press “Apply”.
It’s another way to disable ports, to know how to disable usb on Windows 7 operation system read this paragraph:
Right, it is not possible to disconnect all the USB ports from a motherboard,
But you can do another thing
Disconnect the ports which are on the top and front of the computer by plugging out the cable from the USB header.
By disconnecting the ports, you can protect your files from stealing because that prevent persons from easily misusing them.
If you have any problem or difficulty with one of the previous ways, you must know how to disable usb ports in Windows 7, may with special software such as “USB blocker” or other, where you can do this process easily.